Passera Morellino di Scansano DOCG BIO
Morellino di Scansano is the Maremma’s only DOCG wine and the most famous denomination of this past of Tuscany. The climate here is Mediterranean, the wines have softer tannins, they smell of ripe red fruit (sweet rather than sour cherries) and when aged there are hints of leather as well. Vintage Morellino is an easy-to-drink wine, it has an exuberant carefree freshness that begs to be enjoyed.
Poggio Trevvalle wines are made from grapes coming from the 14 hectares of vineyards that surround the winery. Over 85% of the vines are Sangiovese with Alicante, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot making up the remaining 15%. The number of plants per hectare varies from 3000 (older vines) to 6000 (vines planted since 2000) and are mostly trained to form a ‘Cordon de Royat’. With this method the vines have a short trunk with a single permanent branch (cordon) that is trained along a wire on one side of the vine.
4NicolaBurioli212309Un vino molto passerone!!