Many wines, many territories and a single point of reference: Planeta.

The "Cerasuolo di Vittoria Classico Dorilli" is a DOCG wine (Denominazione di Origine Controllata e Garantita in Italian), produced by Planeta Sicilian winery.

This wine comes from "Nero d'Avola" grapes for a 70% and "Frappato" for the remaining 30%, growing mostly in sandy soils with red sands and tuff in depth, in the area of ​​Cerasuolo di Vittoria.

The wine already at the sight fascinates with a beautiful brilliant ruby ​​red colour. The nose is subtle, delicate, not with immediate expression, as you might expect from this type of wine. It shows itself slowly, following its own pace of evolution. Sniffing this wine, memories of herbs, Mediterranean scrub and small red fruits come to mind. Flavours of cherry, strawberry jam, chestnut honey and prickly pear complete the olfactory description. To the palate, it has vitality and crispy and fine tannin. It closes highlighting savoury nuances. This wine is to be paired to fine meat, baked pasta and medium aged cheese.

Planeta is the producer of this wine and surely it’s a winery that needs no introduction. Wine-maker generations dating as far back as 1500, Planeta is now a reference point for fans and experts in wine field.

The experience is so much that this winery is now able to express the originality of the island’s wines, specifying the different territorial expressions. In fact, in Planeta’s production we find the representation of Etna productive area, where the main grape used in this area is "Nerello Mascalese" for red wines and "Carricante" for white wines. If we move to the Noto area, we can find an important wine-making of the famous "Moscato di Noto" and "Nero D'Avola", till reaching the other parts of Sicily in the province of Agrigento, where the company produces wines of both international and native wines. A "collection" of almost 400 hectares of vineyards, scattered in various parts of the island with the only purpose of bringing the beauty and fragrances of Sicily worldwide.

Comments