The wine-making activity started in 1920, three generations ago, the bottling in 1975. Until the beginning of the 90s, the company Cataldi Madonna was the only one to occupy the whole vineyards of Ofena. Today the Company is made of 31,4 hectares (exclusively cultivated with local and traditional vines like Montepulciano, Pecorino and Trebbiano), all located in the municipality of Ofena between 320 and 440 meters above sea level. In the country, the target is not the yield, but the plant balance, to obtain the best expression of the territory features. In the winery, according to this strategy, wine is meant to preserve strength, flavour and freshness present in the grapes.
The search for harmony characterizes the company in any small detail of their activity, both outside, re-launching the inner part of Abruzzo through the creation of the Alto Tirino sub-zone, and inside with a team made of six employees working jointly: Mrs. Anna Pacione, responsible for the company and cook (fluent French); Maria Giovanna Migliorati, in charge of marketing and administration department(fluent English); Raffaele Orlandini, agronomist/ wine-maker and in charge of production (Tuscan); Marco Rossi, cellars operator; Perparim, caterpillar operator and responsible for country-works; Martina Forcucci, employee and cook assistant. In addition to these people: Lorenzo Landi, free professional production advisor, Luigi Cataldi Madonna and his nephew Lorenzo and recently Giulia Cataldi Madonna, Luigi’s daughter : the fourth generation.